Instructor Assistant Development Course
If you like people, you have a passion for diving and want an extraordinary life – become a PADI Instructor. Teaching diving allows you to share your love for anunderwater world with others. Are you ready to join the group of PADI professionals? As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you can help an instructor conduct training, become a mentor, gain experience by participating in practical and theoretical classes during the training of new divers. Becoming a PADI Instructor Assistant is a great way to broaden your knowledge and gain experience that you will use during your PADI OWSI instructor course. By taking the PADI Instructor Assistant course, you not only gain additional skills and experience as a PADI diver, but also take an active part in continuing the PADI training system education. Thanks to this course you will learn more about PADI’s activities in promoting recreational diving and creating its positive image.
The PADI Assistant Instructor course will familiarize you with the teaching system as well as teach you how to develop your pedagogical skills. Introduces you to the techniques of teaching diving skills and diving theory. This course will prepare you for the IDC instructor course. During the course you will develop knowledge through independent learning, quizzes, lectures and presentations. During confined and open water classes, you will be taking part in assessing the skills of divers candidates. During the course you will take part in six lectures. You will also conduct at least two teaching presentations at the pool (confined water), two presentations of theoretical lectures and one presentation of teaching in open water, consisting of two exercises.
You will find that during the course you will usually use two materials:
“The candidate’s training handbook” and the “Instructor’s Manual”. You’ll also needed other PADI textbooks, tablets, slates, video etc.
– “The candidate’s training handbook” contains repetitive tests designed for
independent study and an outline of IDC lecture programs. It is a structure,
streamlines notes and includes forms and other tools
helpful during the program.
– It is good practice to look at the relevant lecture and related to it
test before lectures on a given day. It will help you remember it
independently acquired knowledge and formulate questions about the given
– “Instructor Manual” is the basic source of information for the Instructor explaining how to carry out various PADI courses and programs. As an Assistant Instructor, you must be able to use it freely.
– Manuals for PADI courses, teaching materials and tablets are props used by trainees and instructors during training. As an Assistant Instructor, you should have your own copies.
– Your diving equipment and suit must be efficient and suitable for local use
conditions. Make sure your equipment is – model –
configured (streamlined layout, secured hoses).
To pass the PADI Assistant Instructor certification successfully:
– self-fill repeat tests in the “Candidate Handbook”
– take part in all classes
– receive a minimum grade level for your presentations (lectures, swimming pool, open water)
– pass the PADI system, standards and procedures exam
– the demonstration of basic scilles is positive
In addition to the privileges of Divemasters, Assistant Instructor may:
– conduct theoretical lectures on PADI courses under the indirect supervision of the PADI Instructor – the PADI Instructor must personally assess the level of knowledge acquisition by the students,
– during diving lessons, present skills under the direct supervision of a PADI instructor,
– assess diving skills on the surface during training dives as part of the Open Water Diver course under the indirect supervision of the PADI Instructor,
– teach and give certificates as part of the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course
– independently teach and certify non-traditional PADI specialization – Project AWARE,
– independently teach and certify non-traditional PADI specialization – Coral Reef Protection,
– independently run the Discover Scuba Diving program at the pool,
– independently carry out the PADI Seal Team Underwater Missions,
– teach and certify at non-specialist PADI courses, after obtaining certification as a PADI Specialization Instructor,
– teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photography course under the supervision of the PADI Instructor, after obtaining the Digital Underwater Photography Instructor Specialization Certificate.
PRICE: 2000 pln